Business Continuity Services
Business Continuity Services
A well-developed Business Continuity strategy can minimize business disruptions, while safeguarding key business interests, relationships, and assets. However, there are challenges to effective Business Continuity implementation in many organisations:
- Complex organizational structure – with separate& independent business units
- Identification of critical processes – between departments that are intertwined
- Identification of existing threats and vulnerabilities
- Lack of BC awareness amongst key staff and senior management
Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning are the vital activities for any critical business operation. No way any thriving business can afford disruptions or disasters. Imagine, what happens with the failure of Information Systems supporting operations in Banks, Call Centers, IT Companies, Internet Service Providers, Broadcasting Agencies, Government, Hospitals or Services Industry ? Severe financial losses, disrupted activities, lost data, discontinued services, unsatisfied clients, disappointed users, damaged repute and the list goes on…
Delta3 International is a leading provider of emergency planning, business continuity and crisis management consultancy services. We provide a wide range of business continuity services from full business continuity life cycle development to business continuity as a service, as well as plan development & exercising. We provide a robust consultancy service advising on all aspects of emergency preparedness and business continuity to both public and private sector to build organisational resilience.
The development of an effective resilience strategy is really the start point of any resilience project and careful attention and time needs to be paid to its development. It is important that organisations both define the boundaries and scope of this and in advance of any event, define outline strategies that can be implemented quickly in an incident.
- Assessment, gap analysis and recommendations for improvement
- Pre-Certification Assessment
- Performance and Compliance Audits
- Alignment to organisations vision and values
- Policy development
- Committee management and terms of reference
- Senior level engagement and sign off
All organisations whatever their size, must explore which are the greatest areas of risk within a company, and how they should be planned for or prevented. The focus is on the threats to the critical activities of the organisation.
- Corporate Strategy
- Risk Registers and BC alignment
- Supply Chain and Third-Party suppliers
- Internal and external interdependencies
A gap analysis is a vital part of evaluating an organizations business continuity management system as it identifies any areas of weakness within the Business Continuity Management System. Our consultants will work with your team to quickly undertake a Resilience Audit & Gap Analysis. Thereafter we work with you to create a robust plan for your organisation Incident Response, Disaster recovery and Business Continuity
Incident response and Crisis management is about the immediate response to an incident, emergency, crisis or disaster that threatens to disrupt your normal business. Actions taken during the early stages of an incident or crisis will significantly alter the outcome for your organisation: a fast effective response can shorten a crisis and minimise its impact; a random, uncoordinated response will almost certainly exacerbate it.
We provide Incident Response and crisis management training, exercises and plan development to our clients. We also offer crisis communication, reputation management and crisis strategy development
Delta3 International will provide Incident Response Consultants to work with your team to create an Incident Response Plan. The scope of work will include the following:
- Develop a comprehensive, effective and reliable Incident Response plan and to establish an Incident Recovery program designed to protect your organisation from unexpected incidents that may lead to business disruptions.
- Ensure the Incident Response plan is consistent with the industry standards and best practices.
- Ensure the Incident Response plan complies with internal and external BC audit requirements.
Note that all forms of plan would be aligned to ISO 22301 requirements.
- Civil Contingencies Act compliance
- Emergency planning and response
- Media and crisis communications
- Crisis team development and working systems
- Invocation arrangements
- Safety and welfare of staff,
- communicating with staff, stakeholders, and the media
Delta3 International will provide Disaster Recovery Consultants to work with the relevant stakeholders within your organisation to create an organisation Disaster Recovery Plan. The scope of work will include the following:
- Develop a comprehensive, effective and reliable Disaster Recovery plan and to establish a Recovery program designed to protect your organisation from unexpected incidents that may lead to business disruptions.
- Ensure the Disaster Recovery plan is consistent with the industry standards and best practices.
- Ensure the Disaster Recovery plan complies with internal and external BC audit requirements.
The cost of operational downtime is continually rising, with experts estimating losses of $100,000/Hour for medium-to-large companies. As such an effective Business Continuity plan is critical in reducing recovery time and mitigating business impact.
After a resilience strategy has been agreed, the next step is undertaking a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) which largely informs the actions required in the resultant plans. BIAs are used to explore the critical activities and vulnerabilities of each individual unit, or sub unit, or business process, or IT application used in the organisation
The Business Continuity Plans (BCP’s) themselves, are then developed and aligned directly to their accompanying BIA’s. Delta3 can assist in in rejuvenating existing plans and keeping the staff motivated and enthusiastic for BC issues.
- Business Continuity Institute Accredited Practitioners
- ISO22301 International Business Continuity Standards Audit
- BC Audit and Gap Analysis
- integrated Business Continuity Management System
- Mechanism of continuous improvement.
Business Continuity planning are critical to ensuring that your organization can continue to operate / provide services in the event of a disruption due to disaster. In this regard, Delta3 will work with you to create a robust system & data recovery plan that is aligned with your business needs and requirements. The Delta3 Recovery Plan is a plan to restore services (e.g. applications and infrastructure) following a disruption. This includes:
- Identifying critical applications and dependencies.
- Defining an appropriate recovery timeline based on a business impact analysis.
- Creating a step-by-step incident response plan.
Once your organisation has adequate plans in place it is vital to test them through exercising and rehearsals, partly to make sure they work and to expose any holes in the plan, but also so that employees feel confident following the plans and comfortable with their roles in a crisis.
Exercises validate crisis management, crisis communications, business continuity and emergency management plans, improve processes and prepare people – from strategic senior executives to tactical level and operational front line staff so they have the confidence and competence to perform in a co-ordinated, rapid and effective way when a real incident occurs.
Regular Business Continuity exercises or walk-through are crucial to the survival of all organisations. However, few organisations have the time, or breadth of experience, to design and facilitate a realistic Business Continuity exercise.
We have partnered with BRCCI, Canada to offer the following services:
- Crisis communications exercises
- Incident Response & Crisis management exercises
- Business Continuity Walk-through (Exercise)
- Emergency response exercises
To deliver these services, BRCCI & Delta3 consultants will be physically present at your premises to work with your team to deliver the following activities:
- Detailed Exercise Design – including scenario planning with expected activities
- Develop Exercise Materials – including the development of a stimulating exercise
- Facilitation – We will facilitate the exercise and observe how the plan is referenced.
- Post-exercise Review – Comprehensive report & debrief session, with lessons learned.
BRCCI & Delta3 consultants have extensive experience in test for Business Continuity for a diverse range of clients including Dubai International Airport and Banks.
Frequently many organisations are tempted to exercise their plans without giving the staff adequate training in their roles and responsibilities. We strongly advise clients to undertake thorough training in their plans before any exercise takes place. This gives the staff the confidence to undertake the exercises with enthusiasm rather than trepidation.
If (when) your organisation encounters a major incident or disaster, you will need every employee ready to respond quickly and effectively! As such our training utilizes a rapid proven methodology that helps identify the appropriate actions and controls to manage and mitigate the situation.
- Participants will learn how to Prepare, Respond & Manage a major incident or disaster. Our training will condition your employees to prepare and think about their work from incident recovery & business continuity angle, considering assets, risks, and personal safety.
- Training is vital to realise the full potential of your staff in achieving an effective response and to gain a return on your investment in crisis, business continuity or emergency planning
- Ultimately, it is your staff that have to respond when something goes wrong and our training will ensure they are equipped with the skills and competencies they need to perform confidently and at their best
- We develop training solutions tailored for each client, based on training needs analysis and an understanding of your business objectives, culture and the roles and level of expertise of your staff
- Reduces business risks
Click here for our Incident Response and Business Continuity Training courses
We work in partnership with international organisations and experts in the sector. That is why Delta3 International is collaborating with the renowned Business Resilience Certification Consortium International (BRCCI), Canada to offer various services including Business Continuity Walk-through to organisations in Africa.
We are also IBM Business partners and we can arrange clients’ visit to IBM recovery centres and also access to their expertise.